You will need a Foodbank Voucher before your visit
Before you visit the Foodbank you need a Foodbank voucher. We work with over 140 local agencies who can offer foodbank vouchers, as well as advice, support, and guidance.
- If you are already in contact with front line services such as social workers, health visitors, or other support workers, please request a foodbank voucher from them.
- If you are living in social housing, your housing or neighbourhood officer can issue a foodbank voucher. Here are some links which may help;
- Foodbank vouchers are also available through your GP surgery, schools, colleges, churches, community organisations and advice charities.
- Salford Citizens Advice can provide foodbank vouchers through their free phoneline 0808 278 7802, or at one of their drop-in sessions salfordcab.org.uk/face-to-face-advice/
- Vouchers and support are available through the Help through Hardship helpline 0808 208 2138 www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/help-through-hardship-helpline/
If you have not used the Foodbank before please call us on 0161 637 2120 and we can signpost you to a local agency who will be able to assess your situation, offer support and provide you with a voucher.
Across Salford there are a range of Food Clubs and Pantries – these are often run by local community groups where food is laid out like a shop. Visitors pay a small amount and choose their own items, gaining a lot more value for their money. Most food clubs allow you to visit every week, a long-term option if you are on a low income or receiving benefits. Please click the link for more details Food Clubs in Salford booklet – Oct 23