Get Help

How to get help

You will need a Foodbank Voucher before your visit

Before you visit the Foodbank you need a Foodbank voucher. We work with over 140 local agencies who can offer foodbank vouchers, as well as advice, support, and guidance.

  • If you are already in contact with front line services such as social workers, health visitors, or other support workers, please request a foodbank voucher from them.
  • If you are living in social housing, your housing or neighbourhood officer can issue a foodbank voucher. Here are some links which may help;
Salix Homes
Great Places
For Housing

If you have not used the Foodbank before please call us on 0161 637 2120 and we can signpost you to a local agency who will be able to assess your situation, offer support and provide you with a voucher.

Across Salford there are a range of Food Clubs and Pantries – these are often run by local community groups where food is laid out like a shop. Visitors pay a small amount and choose their own items, gaining a lot more value for their money. Most food clubs allow you to visit every week, a long-term option if you are on a low income or receiving benefits.  Please click the link for more details Food Clubs in Salford booklet – Oct 23



Back to Get Help