Get Help


Here are answers to frequently asked questions:

How does my organisation make a referral to the foodbank?

Our foodbank works with a range of local agencies who are supporting people through crisis. Citizens Advice, children’s centres and health visitors are just some of those who can refer people to our foodbank by issuing them with a foodbank voucher. If your organisation would like to register with us, please contact [email protected] 

Where is my nearest foodbank centre?

Please go to the locations page to find the address and opening times of each of our foodbank centres. Please note you must have a foodbank voucher code to receive help from the foodbank. If you don’t have a voucher please contact us to find out how to get a voucher.

What’s in a typical food parcel?

A typical food parcel contains a minimum of three days of nutritionally balanced, non-perishable, tinned and dried foods that have been donated by the local community. A typical food parcel includes: breakfast cereal, soup, pasta, rice, pasta sauce, baked beans, tinned meat, tinned vegetables, instant mash, UHT milk, tea, coffee, fruit juice, tinned dessert and biscuits.

Can the parcel be adapted to special dietary requirements?

Our foodbank can usually adapt your food parcel to suit your dietary needs. Just let the volunteers know when you arrive with your voucher. We can provide specific parcels for a range of needs including people with diabetes, gluten intolerance, vegetarians and halal. We will also endeavour to adapt your parcel to accommodate any food allergies you indicate.

I have a baby, can you help with supplies of nappies and baby food?

Our foodbank occasionally has a small stock of nappies etc., which we can add to your parcel. If we aren’t able to help we can refer you to other local charities including Salford Baby Bank (, or Visit from the Stork  (

What if I can’t get to the foodbank centre?

If you have mobility needs or are unwell, please discuss this with the agency that refers you.  They may be able to collect the food parcel on your behalf.  A friend, neighbour or family member may also able to collect for you.

Back to Get Help